Friday 18 June 2010

Avoiding the wrath of Superchunk fans - and my sister...


If I thought I would get hung for admitting to 'not getting' Black Lips' Good Bad Not Evil, Id be hung drawn and quartered, plus being repeatedly cut then having someone piss in my wounds, if I didn't mention Superchunk. Yep - my sister is that sadistic...

The 90s guitar pop wizards are back together, playing blistering and yet fun as fudge shows, and are also recording. New album Majesty Shredding is out soon, and the first track to be heard from it is 'Digging For Something' over at Stereogum. John Darnielle from The Mountain Goats provides backing vocals, but this is no doubt a Superchunk track - chirpy, energetic power pop, all the way.

So are you appeased Sara? Have I? Sardine? Cool beans.

2 comments:

  1. Album's called Majesty Shredding, not Majority Shredding. No big deal, i had to google it, but just saying.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the heads up Sonia!

    ReplyDelete