Wednesday 12 October 2011

Don't Nodzzz Off In The Second Innings


I hadnt listened to Nodzzz at all until last year when my friend Leigh was wearing one of their t-shirts (I think it was the night before the ill-fated Intelligence show that never was...). Leigh did a very brief schooling on the snotty San Fran trio, and I raced home to try out their self-titled LP. Very excellent, I thought, and whilst I am yet to see them live (sigh...), I await the day with bated breath.

Now I realise this is an "old" album - its been around for the best part of the year - but Innings (on Woodsist) is a hell of a lot of fun, and it's something I think too many people overlooked in their rush to get all chillwaved and Odd Futured. It was unfairly maligned because it was so short, haphazard and carefree. In fact, i tended to agree, and in this day and age of disposable music, I very rarely come back to disappointments to give them a (somewhat deserved) second shot. But I felt I owed it to Nodzzz, and in the end I am very glad I did. Its not perfect by any means, but it is so fun and there are some absolute killers here that it actually gets you excited for their future releases all over again. They are actually fun, not trying to be. Its coming into summer here in Oz, and I think this is a tasty soundtrack to some silly sunny times.

Nodzzz - Time (What's It Going To Do)

No comments:

Post a Comment